Friday 16 October 2015

Trapped Reviews and Audience Research

I have shown my 1st draft of Trapped to multiple people to get feedback on how to improve it. I have shown the possible actors the script and they said it was witty and made them laugh and they would be happy to be in it. This was good because this is what I was aiming to do and I want my actors to be happy to film so they are willing to work. My first assistant director, Harry, said the script would make an enjoyable performance to watch but there were a few little mistakes to fix. After editing the script to make it have less errors and add in a little change that I thought of, He and I were both happy with the content. Finally I showed my teacher for some critical feedback and even he said it was great. I just need to think of timing so that it will be around 5 minutes including the opening and end. Because of this, I have practiced reciting the script with Harry and left moments where I will include other footage so we could have a rough idea of timing and it worked pretty well. It took about 4 minutes when we paused for the appropriate amount of times where the missing footage will be and with the introduction and credits, it should be around the 5 minutes needed for the brief.

I asked 25 people to read the script and tell me what genre it is, what age they think would watch it and what genders would watch it. 

16 people said that the script was a comedy and the other 9 said that it was a parody. This is god because I wanted it to be both and they were the only answers given. 10 people believe the script is aimed at ages 12-15. After asking why, they said it was because the script was silly which is why it is funny and because there are no swears or adulterated language during the whole thing.

 Finally, I asked what gender would you think would watch it. The majority said it was for males because it seemed like the kind of immature humour boys would enjoy. The other 8 people said it was for both but no one said it was specifically for females. This is good again because I targeted my script towards more masculine humour which females can too enjoy but it is not necessarily aimed towards them.


No comments:

Post a Comment