Wednesday 7 October 2015

Short Film Roles

Director - Responsible for the artistic visions.
Script Writer - Writes the script and story board.
1st Assistant Director - Helps the director with their vision.
2nd Assistant Director - Cares for the actors and other crew.
Camera Operator - Films all of the footage.
Grip - Responsible to carry the heavy equipment.
Runner - Runs the errands.
Art Department - Responsible for props and set design.
Actors - Acts the script to the directors standards.
Extras - The other people and background people on set.
Wardrobe - Responsible for the outfits and costumes.
Security - Responsible for keeping the set quiet and safe for the recording.
Sound Recordist - Responsible for the sounds and music.
Editor - Edits the footage to cater for the directors vision.

I will be occupy most of these job roles because out of my class of three people, only I want to be the person to do a short film. I will not be an actor or an extra because I will be the person behind the camera filming. I may not be a sound recordist either because I don't have much experience working with sound and there are non-copyrighted music websites that I could use instead. This however depend on whether I can find what I need because if not, then I will have to record the sounds myself.
The actors will be theatre students, Aaron and Leon.
My 1st assistant director will be Harry because he is someone I can bounce ideas off of and he can also help with reviewing my work and giving me a few opinions on what to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment