Tuesday 20 October 2015

Song/Music Choices

For the start of the video, including the introduction, I want to have happy little pill playing. This song is by Troye Sivan and the first verse has lyrics that can be associated with school. The song is actually about drugs but that is only when the chorus starts and I want it to stop after the first verse. Because this song is not a loyalty free piece of music, I am going to email the label for use of the first verse during my short film.




After this, I don't specifically know what I want as the music however I have an idea of the kind of music I want. For the scene during the time they are bored, I want a slow song that sounds a little depressing to set the mood. Maybe a song with violins, cellos or tubas because these are stereotypically the instruments that make these kinds of songs.

For the ending, I want an inspirational sounding piece of music. I want the music to sound inspiring for a big dramatic build up and apology before the awkward silence that follows when the other student walks down the stairs. The music will then start up again for more inspiration and dramatic build up. Just after this, I want dramatic heroic and action sounding music. This is to add the comical effect during the time they open the door. It will have a big action build up before the basic movement of opening a door. I want the music to sound very dramatic to not only clearly set the mood but also for a funny effect because the students will be apologising and doing basic tasks but the music will make it seem like the characters are conquering their fears and overcoming a huge situation. This contrast will be comical.

Finally, I want a comedic sounding music for the credits. I need an upbeat song that may be a bit bouncing and silly to listen to. This is so the stupid moment at the end can be made even sillier and therefor funnier which I need to keep the whole thing comical.

No comments:

Post a Comment