Wednesday 24 February 2016

Trapped Poster

This is my finished poster for now. If I decide to make changes then I will update my work.

First of all, the title has the exact same appearance as the one featured in my short film. This is because I wanted to keep the house style the same so that the audience can make a connection between the poster and the short film. I have replaced letters in the title with images that I had drawn on the computer. The images represent the word trapped while also looking like the letters they are replacing to make it still be readable. A lot of the poster features the colour blue because I believe this colour symbolises sorrow and sadness which are the feeling you get when you feel trapped. I decided to use this style of art because I am able to add other relatable symbols without it seeming silly. For instance, the horse is only a small funny cameo in the short film which is why it is featured in the poster but if I used real images, it would look like the horse was a major part of the story line. The colour yellow stands out on the colours of blue I have used so I used it to highlight the unique selling points of the film; the actors. I have used a small blocky font for the small print because this is a key convention that is used on all film posters. To fill the plain parts of the background, I used a few patches of brickwork patterns to also represent the trapped feeling of being inside walls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment